Enjoy a "lighthearted" take on a favorite savory Italian pasta dish.
- 1 cup cottage cheese low fat
- .25 cup Parmesan cheese grated
- .25 cup milk low fat
- 1 egg
- .25 tsp nutmeg
- .25 tsp pepper ground
- .125 tsp salt
- .5 box fettuccine whole wheat
- .25 cup parsley chopped
- In food processor or blender, process cottage cheese until very smooth.
- Add parmesan cheese, milk, egg, garlic, nutmeg, pepper & salt, process until very smooth.
- Cook fettuccine according to the package directions, drain and put back into hot pan.
- Add cheese sauce and place pan over medium heat, cook one minute and stir constantly until sauce thickens and coat the pasta.
- Turn off heat and let rest 3-5 minutes, the pasta will absorb the sauce as it rests.
- Stir in fresh parsley and serve.
- Calories: 266
- Carbohydrates: 35 g
- Protein: 19 g
- Fat: 5.5 g
- Sodium: 438 mg
- Cook broccoli florets, sliced carrots, red pepper, squash, or any seasonal vegetable combination along with the fettucine for increased nutrient density and fiber.
- For greater satiety and protein, add a can of rinsed & drained chopped clams along with the parsley.